Meet Your Neighbours: Soul Personal Training
Since opening our doors in Mosman we’ve been getting to know our fellow business owners. Health and fitness is something Mosman residents take seriously, so this month we thought we’d ask Shane Cross from Soul Personal Training Mosman a few questions so you can get to know him better (for those that haven’t had the pleasure). He’s also shared a great protein power ball recipe.
1. Tell us a bit about Soul Personal Training?
Soul Personal Training is a boutique studio in the heart of Mosman, This year Soul turns 5!
Our state of the art facility is the centre of an amazing community. We help men and women get stronger, move better, look leaner and ultimately thrive.
Your results are our top priority. The Soul team consists of industry leading personal trainers who are passionate about helping you reach your goals.
Our main services are Personal Training with all Group Classes including boxing, strength & yoga complimentary.
2. What does your daily routine look like?
My day starts early, so alarm goes off at 4am where I start to prepare my day with some meditation, plan my day & have a light feed and espresso. 🙂
Training members at Soul from 5.30am-12pm
Following that if I can squeeze a workout in mid day I will, followed by lunch.
Back into training clients at 2-4pm
Head down to Balmoral for a recovery swim before I head home.
Cook dinner at 6pm & watch a show on Netflix with my wife to chill out.
Bed & read by 9pm to start it all over again.
3. For people that are time poor what is one thing you recommend that would make a big difference in your health?
It doesn’t matter how long you exercise for, even if its only 30mins total. At the end of the day, those small efforts add up over the period of a week, month or year. If you start with just 10-15mins a day chances are once you start you will extend your workout out to 30mins or longer over time. Also have someone to keep you accountable e.g. a trainer (At Soul 🙂 ), Friend, Partner or family member.
4. What do you love most about Mosman?
What’s not to love! So close to the beach, amazing walks & I love that everyone sets their health & well being at such a high priority in Mosman. So many people out early running, swimming or heading to the gym – you don’t get that at many places. Also love the community feel.
Recipe: Protein Power Balls
What’s great about it? Almonds are rich in vitamin E, an antioxidant that helps protect the body against free radicals as well as protein to help sustain lean muscle and repair the body. Cocoa is the highest known antioxidant food on the planet. Rich in Magnesium, iron, copper,manganese, riboflavin and essential micronutrients for health and vitality. Cinnamon improves insulin’s efficiency, which helps to regulate blood sugar levels. Cinnamon can also help boost brain activity.
INGREDIENTS (14 BALLS)
330 g raw whole almonds or walnuts
60g Organic Whey Protein
20 fresh dates, pitted
3 generous tablespoons of raw cacao
1 teaspoon natural vanilla paste
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch flaked sea salt
Coconut, Goji berry, Cacao, Nuts or Matcha for rolling
1. Throw almonds into the food processor with cinnamon, protein powder, a little orange zest and chocolate, then process until the mix looks crumbly.
2. Add the dates and vanilla extract then process again until the mix starts to come together.
3. Add the juice of 1/2 orange if needed, so that mixture is soft and forms a soft ball.
4. Form into 14 decent sized balls.
5. Rollin coconut or any other of my suggested coatings and store in the fridge until you feel like a snack.
6. Store in the fridge for up to 4 weeks if they last that long.